HOMEOWNER WARRANTY MANUAL
Homesite Services, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser of this home that all of the water/waste, gas systems and fixtures are to be free of defect for one year from your Close of Escrow date, unless otherwise noted. Damaged or normal homeowner maintenance items are excluded from this warranty. All faucets, tubs, sinks, lavs, toilets and toilet seats need to be inspected by the homeowner within the first two weeks of occupancy, damaged or defective items must be called in immediately within two weeks. Any fixtures/parts in question are subject to inspection by a manufacturer’s representative. After two weeks it will be the homeowner’s responsibility at a reasonable charge of material/labor.
Plumbing warranty periods:
1. Dripping: all dripping faucets shall be covered under warranty for first 30 days from Close of escrow date.
2. Leakage: waste, water and gas piping shall be covered for one year form the close of escrow date.
3. Stoppages: All drain stoppages, such as bathtubs, garbage disposals, lavatories, showers, sinks, toilets, etc. shall be covered for 30 days from Close of Escrow date. The occupant will be charged a service fee when any material other than construction debris has caused the stoppage.
WARRANTY LIMITS AND EXEPTIONS
1. Any upgrade, alteration, re-installation, repairs and / or replacement of original fixture, in whole or in part, made by anyone other than Homesite Services, Inc., or their authorized representative, shall invalidate any warranty on that particular fixture. Homesite Services, Inc. will not be liable for damages of any kind as a result of alteration, misuse, negligence, accident, maintenance, or lack of maintenance. Any alterations to existing systems, (e.g., additions of water softeners, sprinkler systems), shall invalidate the warranty on that particular system
2. Chips & breakage: Unless identified during walk through or damage is acknowledged by manufacturer as due to workmanship or to material flaws, breakage or chips which appear after occupancy are considered to be the result of misuse and are not covered under manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Finish Discoloration: Manufacturers’ warranties do not cover damage due to use of detergents or other abrasive materials. Decorator finishes, (polished brass, satin nickel, oil rubbed bronze, etc.) are less durable than chrome. Refer to Homeowner maintenance #3.
4. Final Connections By Others: Homesite Services, Inc. does not warranty any plumbing connection beyond water and gas appliance stub outs made by others. This includes the ice maker, dish washer, automatic clothes washer, gas dryer, range/oven, forced air unit, gas fireplace, landscape sprinkler system, and fire sprinkler systems.
5. Plastic Faucet Handles: Homesite Services, Inc. does not warranty aerosol cleaner damage. Due to chemical reaction, plastic faucet handles are subject to cracking and staining from aerosol spray cleaners.
a. Bleach/chlorine tablets (e.g. 200 Flushes/Blue Boy, etc.) in toilet tanks void all manufacturers’ warranty on all internal parts.
b. Homesite Services, Inc. warranty does not cover overflows, slow flush flow, or low water levels from clogs and plugs caused by un flushable items, e.g. diapers, feminine hygiene products, napkins, paper towels, Q-Tips, toys, etc.
7. Stoppages: Homesite Services, Inc. warranty does not cover drains or hoses that are clogged or plugged due to organic matter, (e.g. grease, food, hair, roots, etc.).
8. Garbage Disposals: Homesite Services, Inc. warranty does not cover jams caused by foreign objects.